Moving into a new home is an exciting time, and you’re probably daydreaming about decor and paint schemes and new furniture. But before you get into the fun stuff, there are some basics you should
Smart Home Buying Tips
Whether you are a first time home buyer or have gone through the process before here are 5 tips that any smart home buyer will follow.
1. Don't spend more than 2.5 times your income on a house. Nobody wants to be house poor. This is a realistic guideline to make sure that doesn't happen.
2. Buy a house in a good school district. Even if you don't have kids a lot of buyers do and that will increase the value of your home when you go to sell.
3. Before you purchase a home make sure to get a home inspection. Even if the home is a new construction you will still want to get one. Even a brand new house isn't perfect and the home inspection can give you bargaining power.
4. Get a pre-approval for a mortgage before putting in an offer. Most agents will require that you submit it with your offer anyways so better to be prepared beforehand.
5. Get a realistic view of the neighborhood before you buy. Drive from the home to your work or where you shop and see what traffic is like for you.
Brittany Manning is a REALTOR® at Boise Premier Real Estate in Meridian, ID. Brittany was raised on a potato farm in Burley, ID and graduated from Idaho State University in 2003. Since becoming an....