Before you put your home up for sale, you'll want to ensure it's clean for all of the buyers that will come through. A dirty house isn't appealing, and you won't get a good offer, if you get one at
Getting Your Home Ready To Sell
If you have heard anything about Boise's Real Estate market lately then you have heard that it is a seller's market. With that being said you may have been thinking of selling, but don't know what you should be doing to get your home ready to be put on the market. Here are 5 things you should do before listing your home...
1. Un-personalize. Pack up and get rid of everything that has anything to do with your family, lifestyle, religion, etc. You never know what could turn off potential buyers. You may think the pictures of your kids are adorable, but the potential buyer may hate kids.:) So pack it up.
2. Organize. This is an awesome time to get rid of everything you absolutely don't want or need. Think about whether or not you really want to move it to your next house. I can say that after having moved 10 times in the past 13 years keeping this idea in mind really helps you to stay organized. If you feel really bad about just throwing stuff away then donate it!
3. Do Repairs. Think about all the things you've probably been putting off for years. For example...squeaky doors, leaky faucets, making sure your paint is a neutral color all throughout the house, etc.
4. Clean. Clean like nobody's business. Like you have family from out of town coming to visit and you don't want them to see your "normal" living. Ha! But, seriously! Nobody wants to see your dog hair all over your furniture, or your dusty shelves, or your bathroom that smells like urine from the teenage boys in your house!
5. Create Curb Appeal. If it's warm make sure your lawn is mowed, bushes trimmed, and flowers planted. If it's snowmageddon like it is right now then make sure your driveway and sidewalks are scraped. Put a wreath on your door or some fun fake potted greenery out front.
Getting your home ready to sell shouldn't be stressful. If you choose a good agent they will help you every step of the way. Maybe they'll even help you de-clutter and get organized.:) Now that your house is ready let's get it sold!
Brittany Manning is a REALTOR® at Boise Premier Real Estate in Meridian, ID. Brittany was raised on a potato farm in Burley, ID and graduated from Idaho State University in 2003. Since becoming an....