Before you put your home up for sale, you'll want to ensure it's clean for all of the buyers that will come through. A dirty house isn't appealing, and you won't get a good offer, if you get one at
Smart Home Buying Tips
Whether you are a first time home buyer or have gone through the process before here are 5 tips that any smart home buyer will follow.
1. Don't spend more than 2.5 times your income on a house. Nobody wants to be house poor. This is a realistic guideline to make sure that doesn't happen.
2. Buy a house in a good school district. Even if you don't have kids a lot of buyers do and that will increase the value of your home when you go to sell.
3. Before you purchase a home make sure to get a home inspection. Even if the home is a new construction you will still want to get one. Even a brand new house isn't perfect and the home inspection can give you bargaining power.
4. Get a pre-approval for a mortgage before putting in an offer. Most agents will require that you submit it with your offer anyways so better to be prepared beforehand.
5. Get a realistic view of the neighborhood before you buy. Drive from the home to your work or where you shop and see what traffic is like for you.
Brittany Manning is a REALTOR® at Boise Premier Real Estate in Meridian, ID. Brittany was raised on a potato farm in Burley, ID and graduated from Idaho State University in 2003. Since becoming an....